Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

too many problems

(6 Posts)
Notchattingnow Sun 04-Sep-11 22:36:20

I don't know if I have mental health issues exactly tho I had therapy for PTSD in the past.
I just have too many things on and too many things going wrong.
I have just started a new job and the commute is 1.5 hrs.. I don't get back to the childminder until 7 pm on a normal day, but I work shifts too and have to sleep over after being on call and during sequences of night shifts.
I have just worked 14 days straight then this weekend had to clean cook sort do paperwork prepare a presentation and look after ds.
Its all just a bit too much. rant/ whinge over.sorry smile

Notchattingnow Mon 05-Sep-11 20:44:40

bit better today.. life is stressful isn't it

sloggies Wed 07-Sep-11 20:44:58

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Those hours sound absolutely k.....ckering. Any way you can reduce them at all, or is this just out of the question?

Notchattingnow Wed 07-Sep-11 22:30:02

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm a bit lonely lately since starting my new job... still getting to know everyone and they all know one another already.
I've been thinking about a problem I have with getting to know people..I am really friendly but when its obvious someone wants to be more friendly / go up another level I get shy and sort of cut them back.. no idea why, I never used to do this.
I'm a bit grumpy lately think its all getting on top of me a bit

sloggies Thu 08-Sep-11 08:28:07

I have moved jobs quite a bit, and its always hard like you say, fitting into an established 'system'... sure you will become part of it.
Stressful learning new work routines too.

Notchattingnow Thu 08-Sep-11 20:11:37

mm have lost a bit of momentum along the way, its a demanding job
need to exercise a bit of positive thinking
and keep my long term goals in mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now