Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

really really difficuly therapy

(5 Posts)
Lottieloulou Sun 04-Sep-11 20:01:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madmouse Sun 04-Sep-11 20:39:41

I've had therapy for PTSD and child abuse issues that was so hard that at one point the therapist kept me with her for a few minutes after the session to make sure I was ok and at least once I had to stop halfway the cycle ride home and call a friend (at work! could not reach my dh) because I felt so lost and upset that I couldn't cope. It was at a time that I did make lots of progress. Sometimes when it is hard it is because you are actively dealing with the painful stuff that you have been avoiding. It should be manageable though even if only just. If it is too hard talk to your therapist about it.

Lottieloulou Sun 04-Sep-11 21:15:06

ovumahead Thu 08-Sep-11 13:57:37

Does your therapist know you are feeling like this? And the extent of it? It sounds like you're doing some really great work - it is hard though. But it will be worth it. Unfortunately therapy can sometimes be a bit 'no pain no gain' - but you will get there eventually. Keep on going, but be really honest about how you're feeling.

Lottieloulou Thu 08-Sep-11 21:28:32

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now