Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

UnMotivated every month......Help!

(8 Posts)
Canistaysane Sun 04-Sep-11 14:21:02

I am fed up with feeling crap for about a week every month, I just feel like I can't be bothered to do anything.
In the morning I write a to do list of what I would like to get done and then I just find it really hard to keep going.sad
I'm fairly sure I can't be the only one who feels like this, can I?
I don't want to sound like a wimp.
Please tell me I'm not alone.

Canistaysane Sun 04-Sep-11 19:27:46

Oh well, Guess I am alone then!sad

GetDownYouWillFall Sun 04-Sep-11 19:47:53

When you say a week every month, are we talking period-related?? Is it PMT?

Canistaysane Sun 04-Sep-11 20:20:58

Yes, But more about when it's started as well as I have no energy to deal with the dc Housework etc

oldfriend Sun 04-Sep-11 20:26:26

I feel your pain. I have resurrected for about the 100th time all my herbal pills and potions from the cupboard in an effort to try and compant the depression/irritability and lethargy each month!

Canistaysane Sun 04-Sep-11 20:29:40

I'm on St Johns Wort to try to improve the Low mood side of things but what, if anything can I do to improve my energy levels? Or do I just have to put up with a few days of feeling useless?

oldfriend Sun 04-Sep-11 20:34:19

I feel better if I eat little and often as I seem to get low blood sugar for a few days - but nothing dramatically increases the energy

sloggies Sun 04-Sep-11 20:40:42

I have something similar. I just try and accept that I won't get as much done, and try and prioritise has-to-be-dones. I tried beating myself up about it, and it didn't seem to help. I get more done when I'm feeling better, so it kind of balances out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now