Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help

(3 Posts)
pinkyp Fri 26-Aug-11 11:32:39

Hate my life, I can't see a way out! I love my children but I'm a crap mumjust sat crying inmy pj's with my debt letters all surroundingme. Told my 4 year old I've hurt my finger when he asked why im crying. I don't want to be rich but I can't provide for my childrensnd I just hate myself so much, it's all my fault I'm in this mess I despise myself, flame me I deserve it

Upwardandonward Fri 26-Aug-11 14:23:58

Is there any professional you could chat with about how you feel? GP, or HV perhaps?

NanaNina Fri 26-Aug-11 18:02:54

Oh pinkyp - so sorry you are having such a rotten time. Do you think you are depressed (as in needing anti depressants) or is it the debt that is the most problem, although I realise it could be a combination of these things. The worry over money (or lack of it) could tip you over into depression.

What other symptoms are you having besides bouts of crying? If you are having other depressive symptoms, like feeling hopeless, worthless, unable to sleep or eat, or have no concentration or suicidal thoughts, want to hide away from everyone, these are some of the symptoms of depression, but they do tend to differ with the individual person. If you think you could be depressed you need to see your GP who will proably prescribe anti-depressants. Have you ever been depressed before?

If it is the money factor that is most worrying, then I think you need to go to CAB who can help you sort things out. 80% of the work of CAB is related to debt, so they are very experienced at sorting out financial matters to make it more manageable. Are you a single parent?

Looking at your last sentence "flame me I deserve it" makes me think that you are likely to be suffering from depression, so I think you should visit your GP asap. You will need to tell him/her your symptoms (write them down if you can) and remember you are not going to be telling them anything that they haven't heard a hundred times before. Medication for depression is not going to sort out the debt, but it may lift you enough to get to CAB and get the financial help you need.

Take care and remember there are many many other suffering as you are and you will get a lot of support on the MH thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now