Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Depression

(14 Posts)
pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 11:59:07

Recently - although when I was in final few weeks of pregnancy I have been feeling really irritable all the time, little noises annoy me and I shout at my dc which I hate. I don't know why I feel like this I'm happy money is a struggle but no more than anyone else. I get slot of headaches too and I'm always tired (I do co-sleep) I resent my dh a bit as he works or will complain "fed up of moving ds2 away from the tv all the time" he only gets back from work at 6.30 - dc's are in bed at 8. I feel lazy too and I hate the way I look. Please help any self help? I suffer from anxiety too really fed up now. Ppl must hate being stuck with me sad

pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 12:02:53

Excuse the spelling I'm using the app. My phone spell check really annoys me too alot more than I think it should. Just want to feel ok and not be pissed off with every noise I here... If I try not to be I am still annoyed inside feel like it's bubbling up. I'm a crap wife too dh doesn't like me like he use to no more I think he just puts up with me because it's better than no one

pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 12:04:40

My children deserve a better mum

madmouse Thu 11-Aug-11 12:05:58

hang on hun - have you just given birth?

pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 12:07:01

No 8 months ago, I have 2 ds's one Is 4 one is 8 months

madmouse Thu 11-Aug-11 12:08:41

that is still early enough for PND. Can you talk to HV/GP?

madmouse Thu 11-Aug-11 12:09:21

And no people will not hate being stuck with you and your kids don't need a different/better mummy

pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 12:14:24

I've mentioned it to my gp before and he said do you feel ok looking after your children - yes I do. That was that, It's hard what to say in 5 mins with 2 ds's with you too (ds1 'shoots' the dr everytime we go or talks about trumping)

madmouse Thu 11-Aug-11 13:12:33

You could try doing this questionnaire which is called the Edinburgh Post Natal Depression Scale. If you score well over 10 it is worth going to your doctor again (or another one if you can - he sounds useless) and specifically tell him that.

pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 15:36:40

Thank u, I got a 14

madmouse Thu 11-Aug-11 15:50:25

That's not too bad but needs keeping an eye on. Can you start a bit of a you-project? Get as much sleep as you can, get your 5 a day and maybe a supplement, get some exercise every day even if only a pram push to the shop

pinkyp Thu 11-Aug-11 23:43:38

Thanks mad mouse, I'm trying to drink more water & eat more fruit / less snacks so I hope that will help

pinkyp Fri 12-Aug-11 22:20:25

Today I've felt happier and less irritable. Not sure why

madmouse Fri 12-Aug-11 22:25:31

good days and bad ones - it happens. Just take care of yourself the best you can x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now