Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I don't think I took my AD today. Can't take another as told to leave it if not sure rather than take 2. I have had a really bad day, emotional stuff. Could I really have crashed this bad from missing

(10 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Thu 04-Aug-11 18:59:03

one tablet?

madmouse Thu 04-Aug-11 18:59:46

depends which tablet it is and what the half life is. Give me the name and I'll find it for you

MorningCoffee Thu 04-Aug-11 19:01:59

I missed 1 of mine and feel like crap today

Besom Thu 04-Aug-11 19:03:25

Have you got one of those boxes with the days of the week on?

Besom Thu 04-Aug-11 19:06:25

I'm asking that as someone who has got a box but doesn't use it.
When I do fill it then it's very useful.

TheOriginalFAB Thu 04-Aug-11 19:14:24

I take Duloxetine.

I keep seeing the days of the week boxes and think do I really need one at my age, but clearly I do.

madmouse Thu 04-Aug-11 19:46:00

Yes you could certainly be feeling it - depending on the dose the half life is only between 8 and 17 hours (meaning that after that time only half a dose remains in your system) - in comparison for citalopram it is 36 hours.

TheOriginalFAB Thu 04-Aug-11 19:59:43

I take 60mg each morning. Can you explain what you mean in simpler English. Can't get my brain in gear atm (FM fog).

madmouse Thu 04-Aug-11 20:03:41

Half life refers to the length of time the drug stays in your system.

The half life of citalopram is 36 hours, which means 36 hours after taking a tablet half the dose is still active in your body. If you take a tablet every 24 hours you have a fairly constant supply in your body and even if you miss one tablet the results are not so dramatic.

The half life of your duloxetine can be as little as 8 hours, meaning that if you miss a dose the amount of the medication in your system drops quickly and you would notice a missed dose very quickly.

does that help?

TheOriginalFAB Thu 04-Aug-11 20:12:31

Yes, it does, thank you.

I will be buying a tablet box tomorrow with days of the week on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now