Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

what more can i do? or what is missing?

(5 Posts)
blushingm Mon 01-Aug-11 14:40:47

been to see my consultant today sad. I went back on medication a couple of months ago after going to see my gp.

Consultant doesn't think that medication is doing much/anything, he seems to think i'm just in a rut and dissatisfied with life and that it's my own low self esteem and negative thoughts that are pulling me down. I don't know what else I can do ? Dh works full time and i work part time as we need the cash. we have 2 dc aged 5 and 9. We own our house and have cars (we struggle with money but isn't everyone at the moment?). Isn't this what people strive for? Shouldn't I consider myself lucky and appreciate what i have? what is wrong with me?

didldidi Mon 01-Aug-11 14:43:13

What did the consultant suggest? counselling?

behappi Mon 01-Aug-11 15:36:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

blushingm Mon 01-Aug-11 18:26:22

didldid - he didn't suggest anything. I've previously had cbt - the principles make so much sense but I end up arguing with myself inside my head with the different thoughts. He just said he'd see me in 3 months sadconfused

behappi - what's EFT and how has it worked for you? And what other 'resources' do you mean. I'm beginning to feel that nothing will help to aleviate these horrible feelings

behappi Wed 03-Aug-11 23:38:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now