Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I would give anything to run away

(8 Posts)
Empusa Sat 30-Jul-11 00:07:54

DH's depression and anxiety are bad at the moment, our dog has gone from sweet natured to a snarling, growling beast. The house is tense and dog and DH are being unbearable. Ifeel like I'm losing my mind.

DH is in such a state that he can't be alone without freaking out. so he's currently talking to me through the bathroom door. while i hide in here and type on the kindle.

i need a break. sad

midnightservant Sat 30-Jul-11 00:44:14

Yikes. Sounds like you need to ring the GP out of hours service or dial 999.

Steeplearningcurve Sat 30-Jul-11 00:51:07

Call your GPs out of hours number. You shouldn't have to deal with DH alone like this. He needs help. Big hug.

Steeplearningcurve Sat 30-Jul-11 01:05:38

Are you ok?

Empusa Sat 30-Jul-11 01:19:27

Not great. Just want to sleep now. Got to wait for DH's sleeping pills to kick in though.

I'm exhausted.

Steeplearningcurve Sat 30-Jul-11 01:22:31

I have some expeience of dealing with someone with MH issues and can't say how much I sympathise with you. Hope you all get some sleep

Steeplearningcurve Sat 30-Jul-11 02:21:34

Just wanted to say I hope you are ok and will check back tomorrow

madmouse Sat 30-Jul-11 09:28:07

This is asking too much of you. You need more help. It is (from experience) hard enough to have a partner who is depressed (dh, in the past) or anxious (me, recently) - if you do not get any rest at all you will soon be more ill than he is.

What treatment is dh receiving?

Don't be afraid to go to your GP and tell them how YOU are feleing. Resist the urge to talk about how bad dh is - talk about you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now