Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline - anyone else?

(8 Posts)
LunaticFringe Tue 26-Jul-11 21:38:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoneyDuke Tue 26-Jul-11 21:41:49

You'll settle in to it in about two weeks

strawberry17 Tue 26-Jul-11 22:06:53

Yes I was put on this for PND and breast feeding, I found the extreme drowsyness wore off after a couple of weeks or so, however I always took mine in the morning (no idea why, it was a few years ago now). I never noticed any effect on my baby at all and I breastfed for a year on it. Enjoy the sleep!

Zwitterion Wed 27-Jul-11 07:23:35

Agree with what's been said. I didn't notice an effect on DD but then I was on sertraline from the second trimester. I took it in the morning and bf throughout the day.

Things should start to settle down in a week or so. Your GP may want to up the dose if necessary - I'm assuming you're on the lowest dose? I've been taking between 50 and 250 depending on how I'm feeling/ circumstances.

Glad you're feeling better.

LunaticFringe Thu 28-Jul-11 21:26:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoneyDuke Thu 28-Jul-11 22:16:26

I'm in the lowest dose and it has had a miraculous effect

UpsyDaisyDo Fri 29-Jul-11 11:08:36

I've had great experience with Sertraline too. Having previously been on 225mg of venlafaxine for a long time I was a bit hmm as to whether 50mg of something else would have any effect but its been great.

The side effects wore off after about 10 days.

WeesaD Sat 20-Aug-11 12:41:22

Just started on 50mg this morning. within two and ahl;f hours I felt nauseous and a bit 'spaced out'. not liking this much tbh, but know I have to do it so going to persevere....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now