Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

what do these assessment results mean

(8 Posts)
bruffin Sat 16-Jul-11 00:06:53

Phq9 score 5
Gad7 score 10

NanaNina Sat 16-Jul-11 13:17:55

Sorry no idea - in what context?

AuntieMonica Sat 16-Jul-11 13:24:16

a quick google tells me they are score sheets/assessments used in MH units or by practitioners assessing someone.

are you ok, OP?

Lougle Sat 16-Jul-11 13:27:11

Those scores, it seems, suggest mild depression and moderate anxiety. Having said that, there are other consideration that would contribute to a final result.

springboksaplenty Sat 16-Jul-11 13:27:18

A PHQ-9 (depression assessment tool) score of 5 equates to a mild severity.

A GAD-7 score of 10 is the cut-off point for a moderate generalised anxiety.

These all need to be taken in context of why you were doing them, how you feel about it and who asked you to them.

HaggisMcSporran Sat 16-Jul-11 13:29:43

phq9 = personal health questionaire number 9 which is a test for depression.
Gad = general anxiety disorder number 7
the scores suggest someone with mild to moderate depresssion ( more on the moderate side) and mild to moderate Gad ( more on the mild side )

HaggisMcSporran Sat 16-Jul-11 13:32:28

Sorry i meant the other way round blush
mild depression and moderate Gad

bruffin Sat 16-Jul-11 17:06:29

Thank that sounds about right.
My DH has had problems with anxiety and depression all his life. He has had a particularly bad year which I think was bought on by a mid life crisis. He has been on sertraline for many years now. However he has been a lot better lately thankfully and I feel like I have my old DH back, the life has come back into his voice. It was a very hard year.
Gp has referred him for CBT (he did a short course about 10 years ago). They originally wanted him to do it online, because of difficulty in taking time off work to attend appointments. However his employers bought in Occupational Therapists to give advice and now it will be easier for him to attend a "live" appointment. They did another telephone assessment recently and quoted these scores in their letter but without any explanation. They said they will be in touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now