Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but......

(3 Posts)
notsuchayummymummy Sun 10-Jul-11 19:45:28

Is it normal to keep going over and over and over the birth, day in day out - at 12 weeks?
I do have a difficult (abusive) past, and I did have a really traumatic birth with DC1. BUT DC2's labour and birth really was as good as it ever could get..... but I just dont seem able to get over it.

madmouse Sun 10-Jul-11 20:07:48

it doesn't really matter how good your labour was, if it affected you emotionally at some level you will be going over it. At 12 weeks I would say it can still be said to be normal - but if it gets in the way of everything else maybe speak to your doctor.

I too have an abusive past and the helplessness I felt during my labour (had to have epidural, lie on my back, foetal monitoring, forceps) linked back to the helplessness of the abuse and for me that was extremely traumatic.

notsuchayummymummy Sun 10-Jul-11 20:20:58

madmouse thank you, I know you from previous posts (have name changed).

I had a similarly traumatic labour to you for DC1, but DC2 I was much more fortunate and kept myself away from any help until the last 15 mins (possibly silly but all I could do )

I think I need to try and keep busy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now