Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Got to pick up DS in 10 minutes and feeling really bad not sure if can leave house

(8 Posts)
ksld Fri 01-Jul-11 11:19:58

Can't stop crying am jumpy and anxious, can't go up to the school like this. how do I calm down and stop?

AngryBeaver Fri 01-Jul-11 11:24:47

I have no knowledge or experience of mental health problems,so don't want o say the wrong thing.
Also,I don't know if thereis a background to this.
I can only give you practical advice,which is.... if there is noone else to pick up your child,you are going to have to do it.
So go to the bathroom wash your face in cold water,get your shoes on and go and get him. That's all you can do for now.
I hope you are able to speak to someone who knows more about the emotional/mental problems you are going through

feckwit Fri 01-Jul-11 11:29:45

I am not sure what your mental health issues are but I suffer from anxiety and this will sound odd but if I feel very jittery, something very physical seems to stabilise me - so if you can walk very briskly and "walk through" the anxiety then you may find you calm? I have a mental image in my head of breaking the anxiety barrier when I walk and I actually find now I only need to walk a few metres before I can hit it. At one time it would take a good while. Also things like, jumping on the spot and then making my whole body relax after helps.

Good luck x

gingeroots Sat 02-Jul-11 18:41:14

How did it go ?

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Jul-11 22:24:34

Hope you are ok?x

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 02-Jul-11 22:27:48

I hope you are ok ksld

ksld Mon 04-Jul-11 13:52:11

Sorry coming back to this very late - real life took over at the weekend.

Thanks to all - yes managed to pick DS up alright and blamed the state of my face on hayfever; which I expect no one believed, but made me feel better. Am struggling with anxiety at the moment - sometimes it comes on so strong I feel completely out of control. Better today.

AngryBeaver Tue 05-Jul-11 11:55:40

Glad to hear you are ok.Was getting worried! I hope you are able to speak to a friend/professional in rl to help you through this x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now