Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline 9 months in

(4 Posts)
SaltNSauce Wed 15-Jun-11 17:01:11

And feel like I need to up my dose.
Do the effects wear off over time?

I am on 50mg and may be feeling the effects of the perimenopause. So do I wait it out or just ask to up?

Zwitterion Wed 15-Jun-11 20:46:17

50mg is the lowest dosage I believe. I've been on a varying amount over the past 15 years or so, was on 200mg for a very long time.

My consultant now is brilliant and encourages me to change my dosage to reflect my current symptom level and/or events coming up that may trigger a relapse.

Sorry realise not much help, I think what I'm trying to say is that 50mg is fairly low and an increase will probably help but of course ask your Dr as I'm not an expert!

bittersweetvictory Wed 15-Jun-11 22:24:24

50mg is a low dose so you might need an increase, i had to increase my ADs when i was perimenopausal, im now in full menopause and still on ADs but i found the ladycare magnet a life saver for all the menopause symptoms, since i started wearing it the hot flushes and the night sweats have all stopped and it did help lift my mood a bit as well.
You can find out at your GP with a blood test if it is peri or you can do a home pee stick test, if you are at the begining of the menopause i wouldnt advise you to just wait it out if you feel bad because the menopause symptoms last anything from between a couple of years to ten years, i think 5 is about the average, i havnt had to take HRT or any of the other stuff advised to relieve the symptons as i found the ladycare started working almost straight away, ive had mine for nearly 3 years now and couldnt do without it.

SaltNSauce Thu 16-Jun-11 10:32:39

Zwitterion that is helpful. The GP did say at the beginning to feel free to increase my dose but that was 9 months ago. I am due to renew my prescription so I am going to ask him.
bittersweet I am going to have a look at the ladycare magnet. I haven't heard of them. Sounds like a great product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now