Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Tiredness or depression?

(6 Posts)
helsbels03 Tue 14-Jun-11 21:20:45

can anyone give me some advice-I have 3 Chn, dd4yrs, dd3yrs and ds4mth. I am always tired, yet they all sleep ok. Up at 5.30, but they all generally sleep through til then. I never have any energy and a very short temper. I feel as though I spend all my time shouting at the girls and am missing their best times. They can be a handful but I know I over react to small incidents. I have always put it down to being tired/pregnant! But now I am beginning to think it is something more. I don't want to go to gp in case I am wasting their time and also it s hard for me to find a sitter as no family close by and dh thinks I am just over reacting (again).

Any thoughts or ideas to get more patience and more energy???

cjel Wed 15-Jun-11 19:25:01

5.30 start is very early,could be just tired but GP won't mind checking for usual suspects diabetes thyroid anemia etc. don't worry about wasting their time they have to finish their shift whoever they see!!! I think it might be perfectly normal to be so tired with 3 children that age but check physical stuff first and then see how you can maybe get some daytime to yourself to relax/afternoon nap!! Sorry no magic wand!!!

Madlizzy Wed 15-Jun-11 19:27:12

Doctors are there for everyone, and you won't be wasting their time at all. As cjel said, they'd probably want to do full blood tests on you and also chat about how you're feeling in yourself. Take the kids with you.

vickylou2004 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:57:53

What time do you go to bed helsbels?

I can be the same with my children and don't generally have a good day if I've not had enough sleep. I'm the complete opposite though if I've had 7-8 hours a night.

NanaNina Thu 16-Jun-11 00:09:35

Helsbels - you have a lot on your plate and it's small wonder you are tired and stressed. However you shouldn't be worrying about wasting your GP's time - they are extremely well paid and have chosen to be a GP - and you help pay their salaries through your taxes!

helsbels03 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:51:53

Thank you, I usually go to bed at 10. I try to go earlier but I like to veg out in front of the telly for a bit! Will make an appointment to see gp next week (dd birthday tomorrow).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now