Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do I get a referral out of my area?

(6 Posts)
Putthatbookdown Sat 11-Jun-11 19:45:36

I should say that I come from a medically qualified family. We have been to mh in the community and in hospital and each time given the wrong medication. It was only by reading the pharmaceutical leaflet that we realised just in time that the medicine would not assist a medical condition I have . We advised the hospital at the time and they said they had noted it but obviously did not. As a result my condition has returned. I also have unexplained pains in my legs especially in my left calf . We believe that our local Mh do not really know what they are doing . We would like to go to more experienced MH team and start from the beginning.

madmouse Sat 11-Jun-11 20:04:40

what is a medically qualified family? Unless you are a well trained medical professional your attitude is a not on really. And if you are so well medically qualified how come you don't know how to refer yourself elsewhere? And what is the link between mental health and the pain in your leg?

I find your post really strange.

You can always go private by the way.

tiredemma Sat 11-Jun-11 20:07:02

you cant.

(unless you move house)

bittersweetvictory Sat 11-Jun-11 22:15:10

hmm

Putthatbookdown Sun 12-Jun-11 14:16:59

Madmouse - we do have med quals in several areas of medicine -so we are able to check what goes on. We are impartial .There are areas in medicine where you have to go local and others where you can go anywhere on the NHS -we thought MH was one and wanted confirmation from the lovely Mumsnetters.Private is no better here than NHS just quicker. We have helped many Mumsnetters get to the best hospitals etc but cannot examine so cannot give advice here.
All medicines have side effects: anything taken into the body can have both good and bad effects . You can never know until you personally take them. Doctors and patients can only weigh the pro and cons.It can be 5 years or more before the full side effects come to light . That is why you must always report these things to your doctor -that is how they improve drugs . We will always give IMPARTIAL recommedations to Mumsnettrs on the best places to go for help. Discuss what we have said with any doctor

madmouse Sun 12-Jun-11 14:20:44

You make no sense at all

''We have helped many Mumsnetters get to the best hospitals etc but cannot examine so cannot give advice here.''

Yeah right

biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now