Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do we help Maddie?

(6 Posts)
MadamMemoo Sat 11-Jun-11 15:59:04

I know I'm not the only one really upset by the news that she is in hospital after trying to take her own life. I also know from a text she sent me that given the chance she'll do it again. sad hopefully by the time she comes out of hospital she'll be in a better place but I was wondering what we can do to help and support her. I'm desperate to help her and ensure she doesn't try and do it again but what do we do? Any ideas?

TheMonster Sat 11-Jun-11 18:55:25

Who?

madmouse Sat 11-Jun-11 19:38:46

I'm not sure we should start yet another thread Memoo - there is already a support thread running and she is posting on there.

Best we can do is be around for her and hope that the doctors now find out how bad things are and treat her accordingly.

MadamMemoo Sat 11-Jun-11 20:12:43

Ok, no problem

NanaNina Sat 11-Jun-11 23:04:41

I too am worried about Maddie but not nearly so worried now that she is in hopsital. Agree with Madmouse; Maddie has posted on the other thread if only briefly because she is using her phone and signal is not good. I think we should stick to that one. Anyway in a way we would be talking "about" Maddie, rather than talking to her, and that doesn't seem right. Sure you are acting out of good intentions Madammemmo but shall we agree to stick to the original thread.

MadamMemoo Sun 12-Jun-11 00:55:08

Yeah no problem,
Sorry for starting this.
Was just really worried about her. Had a few texts from her and she doesn't sound good.
I'll leave it to the other thread now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now