Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel strange.

(14 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Sun 05-Jun-11 15:29:31

I feel floaty. Not hungry or thirsty. Not interested in eating. Was driving this morning and not bothered if I crashed and died. I feel like I want to just disappear. I don't know what is happening to me.

madmouse Sun 05-Jun-11 17:02:09

If you haven't been eating or drinking then that's not going to help with feeling floaty really. it is possible and necessary to make yourself drink something and have something to eat. OJ and a banana will do for starters.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 05-Jun-11 17:06:25

DH made me have some dinner but I could hardly taste it and just wasn't interested.

AuntieMonica Sun 05-Jun-11 17:07:37

FAB

have you felt like this all day? i mean a constant feeling or has it been in waves?

TheOriginalFAB Sun 05-Jun-11 17:33:30

for the last few hours but last night i was desperate to drive away and this morning wouldn't have cared if i had crashed and died

tbh i have too much going on and my body has had enough

madmouse Sun 05-Jun-11 17:45:23

It is unlikely that your body has had enough as your body is simply programmed to survive. Your mind is struggling that is for sure.

What small thing can you do to make you feel slightly better and more real? Do you like warm baths or showers? Is there a dc you can cuddle (always worked for me).

TheOriginalFAB Sun 05-Jun-11 17:50:34

I think I will go and have a shower and hair wash. That will help me warm up if nothing else.

AuntieMonica Sun 05-Jun-11 17:50:56

i don't know much (anything) about you really, FAB but does your DH know how you're feeling? is there anything he can do to lighten your mental load at all?

have a rant on here if that'll make a difference? name-change and go for it?

ScarlettIsWalking Sun 05-Jun-11 17:53:15

Sorry you feel like this - what have you got going on at moment?

TheOriginalFAB Sun 05-Jun-11 18:30:04

DH is amazing. He took the kids out so I could have a break. Spent most of the time putting the washing on, hoovering, tidying and preparing dinner. DH took over when he came home and I am now in bed. Showered and hair washed so feel clean if nothing else.

Last year I damaged my neck and gave myself concussion. I felt for months that I wasn't straight and then my legs wouldn't do what I wanted them too and I fell a couple of times. One morning I couldn't move. I just could not get the messages from my brain to my body. I got an immediate appointment with an osteopath and my neck was right out and I had to have intense treatment. That is why I feel like my body is giving up now as it has done it before. I have FM and the pain in my wrists today is constant and I just feel like I need to sleep for a few days continually.

I have legal stuff going on and should hear this week and I have obviously been subconsciously worrying about it. I keep getting sharp pains in my head too and I can't believe I don't want to eat. I love eating.

Don't anyone feel they have to reply any more. Just being able to get it out of my head really helps. Thanks you lovely people.

madmouse Sun 05-Jun-11 19:41:00

Glad Dp was supportive FAB. I understand now what you mean with feeling your body was giving up. Thanks for explaining.

MadamMemoo Sun 05-Jun-11 20:32:43

Fab, Just wanted to say I am thinking of you. You seem to be going through a real bad patch at the moment ( have read some of you other threads) please let me know if there is anything I can do to help xx

TheOriginalFAB Sun 05-Jun-11 20:35:39

Don't be daft. You need to concentrate on getting well yourself. it is very kind of you to offer and I appreciate it.

AuntieMonica Sun 05-Jun-11 20:40:42

glad you found some time for you FAB

i've got broad shoulders and a good ear if you ever need it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now