Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Question about citralopram.

(12 Posts)
Aislingorla Mon 18-Apr-11 21:03:29

Hello, I started on 10mg of citalopram last Tuesday and am due to go up to 20 mg tomorrow. I have been fine so far with very mild side effects.9the worse being forgetfullness) I am nervous about upping the dose, what should I expect? Thanks.

Aislingorla Tue 19-Apr-11 19:22:45

Please!
I just feel flat, is that to be expected?

TheOriginalFAB Tue 19-Apr-11 19:24:44

I had really bad dreams but started on a higher dose than 1omg. Everyone might react differently but feeling flat is nothing to worry about imo.

BertieBasset Tue 19-Apr-11 19:26:46

I had nausea and increased anxiety fro a couple of weeks until it all calmed down.

OopsDoneItAgain Tue 19-Apr-11 19:30:30

Nothing for me, was fine to up the dosage, and was ok when I started tbh. A bit of weariness perhaps but thats been as bad as it has got.

Tuggy Tue 19-Apr-11 19:30:59

I turned insomniac for a bit BUT it is now the best thing that ever happened to me. On 30mg for 18 months now just for anxiety and I'm now 100% (as long as i dont stop taking them)

Stick with it, and be EXCITED about the dose going up, because in 2 weeks time you'll feel brilliant.

Aislingorla Tue 19-Apr-11 23:39:57

Aw...thank you, feel OK (ish), just insecure about the whole process.

Rumpel Wed 20-Apr-11 21:12:45

Insomnia if I take them in the evening. Very thirsty, sore teeth and headache for a while.

Aislingorla Wed 04-May-11 09:54:37

Beginning to feel happy again! ( 4th week on Citalopram)

virginiasmonalogue Wed 04-May-11 10:01:10

What tuggy said.

I always felt a bit woozy when I upped my dose and when i first started them I felt worse for about 2 weeks so don't expect too much too soon .

BertieBasset Wed 04-May-11 10:02:41

Great news! I found them to be brilliant once they had kicked in, although I have an anxiety disorder as well. Much better than rubbish prozac which I am on due to pregnancy.

Glad things are looking up for you

myBOYSareBONKERS Mon 06-Jun-11 16:51:16

how are you all feeling now? I have just started on 10mg for anxiety but it seems to have made it worse and i feel like i am shaking all the time. Should i increase it to 20mg as I was told to or should I stay on 10mg for another week.

I so need to feel better - especially as I am working tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now