Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

triggering day

(17 Posts)
PaperView Mon 07-Feb-11 23:10:19

over tired over thinking very low + several threads here and comments from friends = my will power gone and welcoming several of my harming 'things' back.

Thank god we have a youngish cat and i can blame him!

ANd if i am honest i am not entirely sorry (but i have had a few drinks so may feel differently in a bit)

PaperView Mon 07-Feb-11 23:17:14

shit.

hadn't meant to actuall post.

I can't be the only one who starts a post with the intention of just gettng it "out"?

madmouse Tue 08-Feb-11 08:52:05

Do you want to talk about something or rather forget this? It's up to you, but there are people who will listen...

PaperView Tue 08-Feb-11 20:58:22

so sorry i posted this.

PonceyMcPonce Tue 08-Feb-11 21:01:24

Don't be sorry, be glad you can offload a bit.

Do you have any coping techniques that hurt without injuring eg holding an ice cube ?

Or moaning your ass off on here can be v helpful.

PaperView Tue 08-Feb-11 21:14:31

I did all of those yesterday. (ice cubes/scribbling/holding hands in a bowl of really cold water/pinging an elastic band)

I have several things i often do which i call my "safe" harm but it wasn't enough yesterday. Been to the gym tonight and although i will pay for my workout later on/2mo i really really needed it.

PonceyMcPonce Tue 08-Feb-11 21:47:41

Well it sounds like you Re thinking of different coping techniques. Have you had anyone to talk to to help?

Do you think your situation will become mkre or less stressful or stay about the same for the foreseeable?

PaperView Tue 08-Feb-11 22:19:50

oh god no i don't talk about it!

situation likely to get more stressful but couldn't say when.
I'll be fine. AM a bit blush i posted and left it here.

<must not MN with alcohol!>

madmouse Tue 08-Feb-11 22:59:50

If seeing your posts here stresses you - report your own post and ask if MN will remove the thread. I suspect in this instance they will.

But please please please know that you have nothing to be ashamed of and you are entitled to support.

PaperView Wed 09-Feb-11 16:22:07

will just let it stay, will remind me not to post about that stuff in future.

[blush

sorry again.

PonceyMcPonce Wed 09-Feb-11 18:12:22

Well I appreciate the need for privacy, and online can be a very public place, but I don't know you from the queen of sheba and I think that you sound like you are having a hard time, and trying to cope with it in the best and safest way you can.

I do hope you can find a mate to offload to.

All the best.

PaperView Wed 09-Feb-11 19:10:14

There is no one i would tell! Think I'd be carted off to the nut house if i was completely honest about this!

Thanks for best wishes.

PonceyMcPonce Wed 09-Feb-11 20:06:24

Well never feel bad about talking here. More mates always good. Do you have close buddies?

PaperView Wed 09-Feb-11 21:19:22

a couple. WOuldn't mention the SH tho.

PonceyMcPonce Wed 09-Feb-11 23:46:05

But you could talk about stress and good ways of handling it.

prettyinpink10 Mon 29-Aug-11 18:18:25

to paperview, its good to know that there is more than just me feeling like this on a regular basis. I do appreciate your honesty on here. I never feel like I can talk to anyone such as friends and family as i think they will laugh at me or dismiss the things I say. so many problems but have got no idea where to start.

NanaNina Mon 29-Aug-11 20:56:32

Do you think it might help prettypink to start a new thread on this, as this is quite an old one isn't it. I know there are other people on the MH threads talking about OCD which I assume is what you are talking about - just thought it might generate more discussion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now