Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

prozac...........

(6 Posts)
linconlass Wed 22-Dec-10 19:28:58

just been prescribed.anyone still have oggasm on this drug ................?

linconlass Wed 22-Dec-10 22:13:34

meant orgasm!! sorry!

WherecanIhide Tue 28-Dec-10 10:58:46

Must be working ok if you are interested in sex wink

strawberry17 Tue 28-Dec-10 19:09:19

No, I needed a pneumatic drill and I still couldn't orgasm without a lot of effort, it was awful. All the SSRI's can have this effect. I know a lot about this issue and the only thing that sorted it was weaning off liquid prozac (long story).

ilovemyfestivehens Tue 28-Dec-10 20:05:32

All the ssris have this effect sad

I have heard that it is possible to orgasm again after it's been in your system a while, but it's really difficult initially.

I'm on Citalopram now and managed to have one the other day, but it was weaker and took a bit of effort.

strawberry17 Tue 28-Dec-10 20:35:45

I was on SSRI's for years and I think it varies from person to person but for me it never got better even when the drug was in my system for a while. I have taken/am still taking 4 years to come off prozac fully and now I am down to a very low dose I am back to orgasmic normality.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: