Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

citalopram 20mg, how long did it take before you noticed a difference?

(8 Posts)
hariboegg Fri 17-Dec-10 19:28:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CMOTdibbler Fri 17-Dec-10 19:31:00

I started on 10mg 5 weeks ago, and it was 2 weeks before I noticed any difference, and 3 before it really got there.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 17-Dec-10 19:31:53

I haven't any personal experience but I am a mental health nurse.

Some people start to notice a very small improvement after about 7-10 days, such as their sleep or appetite is marginally better. It won't reach its full efficacy until 3-4 weeks.

hth (if you post back I am going to make the dinner soon so won't be here)

2gorgeousboys Fri 17-Dec-10 19:32:43

DH started on 20mg in September and it took 5 weeks before we noticed any difference

rinabean Fri 17-Dec-10 19:35:14

I didn't notice any difference on 20mg. Once the side effects had calmed down, I went up to 40mg. I've only been on that for a month so I'm still not sure if it's helping. I think my anxiety is a bit better.

hariboegg Fri 17-Dec-10 19:39:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 17-Dec-10 21:31:05

hariboegg I did come back.

Not sure about the heavy chest, and as I am not a doctor I wouldn't want to try and guess.

Having said that, some people do experience anxiety in quite a physical way. (if I get it, it's in my stomach which is very common, stomach churning and cramps etc). The feelings of distraction and tension are also fairly common.

Sounds like you are in quite a sad and difficult place. Do you have anyone to confide in/offer support in rl. Not necessarily a counsellor (although that may well help) but general support from family and friends?

A relationship breakup can be a very painful and lonely time of adjustment.

Hope things improve for you soon, both with your mood and your circumstances.

You will get support on here, but rl support is also important. Sending you un-mnetty hugs. ((((( )))))

weesudders Sat 18-Dec-10 16:57:42

I started on ten for 3 weeks and the anxiety was awful the valium did not work ?now 3 weeks in I am much better and on the 20mgs a week now! hang in there you will start to feel better and the folk on here bless them all as they all look out for us take care and bless you! xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: