Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel trapped.

(2 Posts)
thinkofanamechange Wed 15-Dec-10 14:18:44

The DVLA have revoked my licence after I (stupidly in hindsight) informed them of a psychotic episode. (3+ weeks in a psychaitric ward)

I've also been diagnosed with major depression, which the doctor told dvla would impair my driving.

I need a stable mental state for 3 months before I can get my licence back.

A big part of the reason for being ill is that I hate my house. I feel so isolated here, i just hate it. Now I'm stuck in this house with nothing to do, noone to see, I have no friends anywhere near, not that I have many anyway.

I cant talk to DH anymore, he just glosses over everything saying it'll all be ok ... well it wont!

I just want to get the hell out of here, move back in with my Mum, change DSs school and try and rebiuld my life.

I understand why I've been banned from driving, but I'm just feeling very sorry for myself at the moment.

I want to leave DH because I'm so unhappy. In a way, this depression is worse than the psychosis.

greenanna Thu 23-Dec-10 02:10:52

noticed that this hasn't been answered yet. You're not alone - I know what you mean about isolation and lack of friends. And wanting a new start, somewhere else.
Men can be like that - glossing over things but maybe your DH feels things more deeply than he appears to? I try to give mine the benefit of the doubt, telling myself that he's human after all.

The 3 months will pass - you'll drive again soon.

Counselling for you and DH? Together - talking and planning together?

Could you stay with your Mum for a while, are DSs young enough to come with you and be out of school for a while? Rest of the Christmas holiday? Any chance you could rebuild your life at home with DH or could, practically, you both do it somewhere else?

Take good care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now