Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

can stress rapidly turn into depression?

(5 Posts)
mothernature Sun 12-Dec-10 21:33:21

or would it have been depression underlying all along?

NanaNina Sun 12-Dec-10 21:35:50

Need more detail mothernature if you feel inclined.

madmouse Sun 12-Dec-10 21:53:25

Long term stress that you cannot escape from can lead to depression. Sudden stress that disappears again as well would be less likely to lead to depression.

Already being depressed can make you more susceptible to stress.

mothernature Sun 12-Dec-10 21:57:16

I have been to Dr's after coming to end of my teather at work, couldnt get my words out though the tears, Dr was very nice about it suggested a course of beta blockers to calm me down and signed me off work for two weeks, the more I think about things the more I think I have been 'on the edge' for a long time.. after speaking to my husband and when I look back over time, I realise I have felt different for a number of years, I cry when Im on my own at the slightest thing I feel alone even when with people, I dont hear them when they talk to me, I have put it to the back of my mind and got on with life I feel paranoid that people are talking about me, even that when cars are beeping they are doing it at me when I am driving... my husband is very good to me and has put up with they way I been behaving lately over the last week, I forget things, stupid things, but this effects my work and has caused problems which have had reprecussions.... I dont know where I am 'at' at this moment I just need to know Im not loosing it.

madmouse Sun 12-Dec-10 22:01:04

Sounds like a bit of a breakdown more than necessarily depression (although having a breakdown doesn't rule out depression of course)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: