Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

GP increased the dose of citalopram will I get better?

(5 Posts)
weesudders Fri 10-Dec-10 12:14:41

Hi all,GP increased my citalopram from 10mgs to 20mgs ,felt a wee bit off this mornig tierd and wanting to be on my own?still not needed a calmer tablet since Tuesday,and the weather is a bit better today not so cold?thanks to you all take care x

madmouse Fri 10-Dec-10 16:05:07

weesudders very few people stay at 10mg (My dh did incidentally but that's more stubbornness than common sense)

20 is a very normal dose to be on, not at all high and nothing to worry about. The idea is that you find the dose that is right for you and stick with that until you have felt better for a good while (4-6 months) so it is all a long term thing.

weesudders Sat 11-Dec-10 11:40:45

Hi madmouse,thanks for your reply felt awfull yesterday and phoned GP who said a wee reaction to the increase stop just take 10mgs till she sees me on Monday,phoned my friend who is well qlued up on these meds and it was because I had no valium in my system to help the aggitation ?wee bit calmer today thank goodness hope I feel better later thanks for all replys and help take care x

madmouse Sat 11-Dec-10 12:00:27

just go easy on the valium wee - it's very addictive

weesudders Sat 11-Dec-10 12:54:00

Yes I know that and I will that is how I ended up the way I was because I did not wean myself off, and should have stayed on it evan twice a day to let the increased dose kick in?thanks madmouse your a star!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: