Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sleeping tips anyone please?

(8 Posts)
snowmash Fri 03-Dec-10 03:07:49

Three weeks until I can get help with sleeping/anything drug related, so just wondering if anyone had any sleep tips?

I have looked at sleep hygiene, but some are hard to do in real life (e.g. go somewhere else when your matress is the only place you can sit).

TIA

IDontLikeDisciples Fri 03-Dec-10 03:13:06

Sorry this is probably really inadequate advice. When I have sleep problems I find the sofa is the best place to be. Make sure the room is really warm, geta big pile of blankets and put rolling news on very quietly.

It's odd but at times I find the action of going to bed means my mind can't shut down

thelittlestkiwi Fri 03-Dec-10 03:46:09

If you are stressed about anything/lots of things then write them down before you go to bed.

HTH.

snowmash Fri 03-Dec-10 18:56:08

IDontLikeDisciples, not at all...that's really helpful...I can adapt it by getting a sleeping bag and curling in the corner of a room with my walkman on low (actually, that's exactly what I used to do as a kid - completely forgot that).

thelittlestkiwi thanks, that's a great idea too - anything to switch off.

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 03-Dec-10 19:24:53

Paul McKenna 'I can make you sleep' on my ipod saved my life...

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 20:17:43

I take valerian and passiflora and hops - made into a tea will really help. It knocks me out.

snowmash Sat 04-Dec-10 22:08:54

Thanks...I am bricking it now...gave GP permission to talk to my work/landlord (they are the same)...dread to think what they're going to say to each other, don't want Monday.

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 05-Dec-10 21:08:57

Why does your gp need to speak to your landlord?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now