Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My ADs have been changed

(7 Posts)
ItalianLady Thu 25-Nov-10 07:58:01

I was on 20mg of Citalopram and now I am taking 60mg of Duloxetine. Does anyone else take this or can tell me what to look out for if I am going to feel differently please? I have taken my first one this morning.

ItalianLady Thu 25-Nov-10 18:19:26

I am in a foul mood now. It has been ages since I have been like this sad.

NanaNina Thu 25-Nov-10 19:26:45

Sorry IL - I am on ADs, but an old fashioned one imipramine and am struggling with a turbuletn recovery after a major episode of depression earlier this year ans 3 months in psychiatric hospital.

I don't know anything about theses new SSRIs and I know a lot of people on here seem to be on citalopram. Were these not suiting you, or not bringing any relief. I think sometimes you can feel worse when you first start a new drug and you get the side effects before the benefits. Did the GP give you any advice about how the change might affect you.

Sorry I can't be more help but ADs work differently for different people as I'm sure you know, but I think you must try to keep in mind that once you are on the right drug you are on the road to recovery. I think new drugs sometimes take 4 weeks or so to "kick in"

Best Wishes

ItalianLady Thu 25-Nov-10 20:18:55

I was absolutely fine on citalopram and have no idea why I was changed.

Thank you.

madmouse Thu 25-Nov-10 20:50:05

How frustrating that you don't know why you have been changed - did you not get a chance to ask? Or was there something different on your prescription when you picked it up?

giraffescantdancelikeannw Thu 25-Nov-10 20:51:49

No idea sorry. Did you ask why it was changed?

Mine were changed from caps to tabs because of cost recently.

ItalianLady Thu 25-Nov-10 21:02:37

TBH I had just been giving a diagnosis at the hospital of what was wrong with me and just couldn't take everything in. This is on top of having depression.

Have had a row with dh tonight and are fed up. Waste of an evening sad.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: