Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Crisis of confidence

(4 Posts)
littletinkers Tue 09-Nov-10 21:30:41

I don't seem to have any confidence in my ability to be a good mother. This is so severe I get panicky and v stressed in situations where my parenting can be observed. I have 2 yr old twins so challenging anyhow. Today I had kady round for lunch who used to help me with kids when I had bad pnd. She is amazing with kids. I just felt so small and inadequate next to her. I don't know how to feel more confident. Everyone tells me kids are fine and lovely etc though twin a can be a handful. I interpret even the slightest thing someone does as a negative judgement on my parenting then spiral into a negative sort of paralysis. Any tips anyone?

MissTired Tue 09-Nov-10 21:46:03

are you on any medication? maybe a trip to the drs may help?? could you not be fully over the pnd? xxx

littletinkers Tue 09-Nov-10 21:48:48

On shed loads of medication. Probably more of a nervous breakdown than pnd alone. Have a history of anxiety and depression. Have had 2 serious episodes.

MissTired Tue 09-Nov-10 21:54:07

maybe if you talk to the gp they need to review your medication? do you have any practical support from anyone else? homestart?? you sound like a great mum, youre trying your best xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: