Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Prozac not working?

(5 Posts)
MissKegs Mon 08-Nov-10 23:04:25

About a month ago my prozac dose was increased from 20mg to 40mg. At first I noticed an improvement but now I feel like things are going downhill fast. I've been on prozac since last September and was on Citralopram for a couple months before that after being diagnosed with PND.

I'm really starting to feel like I'm going crazy has anyone else suddenly felt that prozac has just stopped working or is it just a glitch until the full force of the 40mg kicks in?

TIA

mollyroger Mon 08-Nov-10 23:07:47

i think you should contact your gp again, quickly, as it sounds as though the higher dose ain't agreeing with you. After a month, you ought to be feeling better, not worse?

MadamDeathstare Mon 08-Nov-10 23:11:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissKegs Mon 08-Nov-10 23:18:00

Thanks. Tried to get appointment to see GP today but was to late on. Going to try first thing tomorrow to book an appointment for tomorrow.

MissTired Tue 09-Nov-10 10:24:29

hope you got an appointment, prozac never agreed with me at all when i had it once, hope they get you on something suitable xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: