Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Insomnia friends - I will sleep well tonight because I have told my unconscious I will- Part II

(997 Posts)
madmouse Thu 02-Sep-10 22:53:45

Help we left it too late the old thread is full!!! Hope we all find this one!!!

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 03-Sep-10 06:57:46

Found you

I hope GetDown was ok last night. I did send you lots and lots of sleepy vibes xxx

As for me. Well, I'm not being a very good insomniac at the moment because I was watching Tudors with DH last night and got bored so closed my eyes at 9.15pm (too much time spent in the Tower for my liking) and fell asleep. DH woke me at 9.45pm and it had turned into something like Police, Camera, Action or whatever - Crime Stoppers, I don't know. So I went to bed. Lay down in bed to read for ten mins and fell asleep again with my book in my hand (just like the old days!!!!). Then woke up, brushed my teeth, etc, and went to sleep properly until about some point in the middle of the night to go to the loo and then woke properly at 6.45am grin

madmouse Fri 03-Sep-10 07:37:25

Becky you are an example to us all smile

GetDownYouWillFall Fri 03-Sep-10 08:08:12

thanks for setting it up madmouse. I'm glad you had such a good night becky - wow that's amazing! You must have been so relaxed!!

I had a nice time at the meal last night, but despite wanting to leave at 10, what will the sorting out the bill etc, didn't actually get home will 10:45. Watched that BBC programme on sleep for a bit (thanks madmouse)

But I started to get anxious with all the talk of sleeping. So I thought "sod it" and went and took a zopiclone blush

I am not going to beat myself up over it though.

Slept from about 11:30 to 6 but then obviously still had the effects of the zopiclone as I felt really heavy and drowsy still so just got out of bed now (at 8am)

DD has been watching Whinnie the Pooh blush Poor girl.

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 03-Sep-10 08:23:26

GetDown so pleased you slept xxx What are you going to do today? We're going to a friend's house later who has three little girls. We're taking over a bag of apples (we have an apple tree) and she's going to cook something appley and Danish (she's Danish).

GetDownYouWillFall Fri 03-Sep-10 08:47:50

thanks becky not sure what we are going to do today yet. Probably another round of washing.

Maybe the playground later if I can face it!

Enjoy your day, something appley and Danish sounds yum!

orangeflutie Fri 03-Sep-10 11:10:34

Yay found the new thread

Glad you managed to get a decent night's sleep GetDown. At least taking the Zopiclone all the worry was taken away. Do you get the odd bitter taste the next day?

Madmouse I missed the BBC programme last night unfortunately. I think I must've been watching the Police programme. If I get a chance I'll look for it on iplayer.

Becky maybe your approach to sleeping may have been less organised last night but hey sometimes you need to let things slip a bit and maybe you ended up more relaxed. I often think that there are some nights when it doesn't seem to matter how many rules I follow because sometimes for me sleep just doesn't happen. It maybe hormonal I really don't know. I'm getting older (42 now) and my mum started to have problems sleeping in her forties too, so might even be genetic although I hope not.

I actually slept well last night, probably because I was so tired from the night before. It's encouraging though as I'm probably not getting any sedating effects from the Dosulepin now. I'm just going to keep trying to take things one day at a time.

I've had the fun task of tidying up the youngest dds' bedroom this morning. They share and due to the holidays things had really started to slide. It was bad but the floor is now clear and will stay so at least until they get in later!

Now got to go to Tesco's lucky me!

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 03-Sep-10 12:57:53

Orangeflutie hormones definitely play a part, and age too (I'm 38). My sleep is at it's worst when I am about to have AF visit (oh gosh I haven't called it AF since I was TTCing for DS3!). Is there something wrong with my sleep last night? Sometimes I do just conk out in front of the TV. Is that bad? I thought I'd had a good night

Holidays nearly over now. I'm going to miss the lazy mornings.

orangeflutie Fri 03-Sep-10 13:22:48

Sorry Becky hope I haven't said the wrong thingblush, maybe I read your post wrong.

Hope I haven't come across as some sort of sleep judge. I must have got confused about the 'not being a good insomniac' bit. What I meant I think was fantastic you slept in spite of breaking (awful phrase) 'Sleep Hygiene' rules, i.e. not falling asleep in front of TV. I have definitely read too much about good sleep routines.

You made smile about AF. I've only heard it described as AF since I've been on MN. I must lead a very sheltered life

arcadia96 Fri 03-Sep-10 13:42:49

What does AF stand for? confused

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 03-Sep-10 13:51:59

I thought it was 'Aunt Fannie' at first but apparently it is 'Aunt Flo' as in a period! I have no idea where it comes from but they use it on the TTCing threads all the time 'waiting for AF to arrive' etc.

No worries, Orangeflutie. I do try to obey sleep hygiene rules sometimes but I confess I break the 'no reading in bed' one every night. It is part of my wind-down routine to read for ten mins before I turn the light out. I also don't like the 'if you're still awake after 20 minutes get up and do the ironing / a jigsaw' one.

arcadia96 Fri 03-Sep-10 19:47:06

Cheers everyone, here's to that first sip of wine on a Friday evening! smile. DD is down and DP has gone to get takeaway!

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 04-Sep-10 01:54:30

I am really really struggling sad

Can't sleep.

Just had a major panic attack with hyperventilating and everything. Poor DH didn't know what to do with me sad

I have wrecked this weekend now.

I just don't understand - I am trying so hard, and yet this? I am so physically shattered, I am exercising, but I can't sleep.

I am so unhappy right now, I am in floods of tears. I know it's not the right thing to sit at a computer, but I just don#t know what to do right now sad

I don't know if I should post anymore because I am no good or help to anyone sad

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 04-Sep-10 01:58:07

sorry for the self pity.

I just feel so miserable. I wish one of you were here to give me a kick up the backside.

I am starting to panic again

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 04-Sep-10 02:39:11

this is awful

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:40:27

You OK GET DOWN?

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:40:49

(sorry Caps)

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:42:22

I have seen you on the boards.. don't mean to interfere but know that feeling..

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 04-Sep-10 02:43:49

thanks mittz, no not really. I feel like crap

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:45:38

has something triggered it specifically I am sorry I don;t know your history?

hrd to even remember to breathe sometimes I guess. Have you had a drink? (tea or something?)

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 04-Sep-10 02:46:41

I came off my ADs about a week ago... but did it really really slowly. I just don't get it. I am generally happy but just can't sleep

Haven#'t had a drink can't face it

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:48:54

does your mind race with thoughts? My head feels like it will explode .

Coming off AD's is good. I guess you have done sleep management stuff <sigh>

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 04-Sep-10 02:49:55

yeah I am just so tired but can't let go sad

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:50:53

I downloaded a game onto my phone and usually curl up and play on that. It blanks my mind off a bit. Simple ones that take no thouhgt

mittz Sat 04-Sep-10 02:52:50

Sometimes I lie and think, well at least I am resting and then do the thing where you tell your body to relax part by part and when you start 'thinking' again, start again. Orr count back from 100 and if thoughts creep in go back to 100

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now