Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Terrified of a toddler?

(3 Posts)
bumpylump Fri 19-Aug-05 11:51:19

In 6 hrs I am meeting DP's 3 yr old son for the first time, I've got to introduce him to his 4 month old brother too.

I dont think I've ever been so nervous in my life!!! I dont even know any other 3 yr olds, any helpfull hints greatly accepted.

x

basketcase Fri 19-Aug-05 11:58:28

Wow - totally understand why you are a little nervous, a big day for you all.
Do you have anything planned to do ? even if you just go to the park with them, I find looking after other people’s children much easier when they are kept busy and having fun. Three year olds often have loads of energy and I don’t know one who doesn’t relax and start to have fun if there is a football around to play with.
The more happy, smiley and relaxed you can be with him, the more likely he is to relax and join in the fun I guess.
I take it DP will be there to support you while you have him with you so he should be able to steer you into doing activities he enjoys.
Good luck - remember, he is probably feeling a little nervous too. Hope you have a lovely time
If all else fails - reach for the chocolate buttons and a little bit of child bribery....

bumpylump Fri 19-Aug-05 12:05:04

We have got him for the whole weekend, so hopefully the sun will shine tommorrow and we can have a picnic. Think it would be a good idea if he sleeps with his dad, I really dont know how he'll react to baby though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now