Talk

Advanced search

16:8 without keto/low carb

(4 Posts)
fourpointfive Mon 04-May-20 23:27:11

Hi all smile

Wondering if anyone has any success stories of doing 16:8 but without combining it with a keto diet?

I'm vegetarian, though try to stay away from dairy as well (except for the occasional bit of cheese...) as my skin hates it. I also prefer to eat mostly whole foods and stay away from all the processed vegan 'meat'.

I'm trying to eat more protein and fewer carbs but it's nowhere near keto level. Most of what I've read on here is from people who do both 16:8 and keto - is there anyone out there who's had success from 16:8 alone? I'm looking to lose around a stone and will combine fasting with a calorie deficit and exercise, if that's relevant.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Sophia750 Tue 05-May-20 11:38:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RainbowHash Fri 08-May-20 11:49:37

Bumping as I'd like to know too!

dinodiva Fri 08-May-20 17:06:12

I’ve been doing 16:8 since Christmas-ish and I’ve lost 8-9 kilos. The loss has been slow and steady, but I hope more sustainable for that. It’s been a revelation to lose the stone that has been niggling me post children. I’ve still got a bit to go, but so happy with how well it’s worked for me.

I’ve tried to be more sensible with what I eat, but haven’t combined it with any specific eating plan as such. I tend to batch cook soup at the weekend and then that’s lunch sorted (always with bread) and then have a reasonably healthy tea.

I’m not overly strict though - tonight there will be steak, chips and red wine! I’m eating more cake/chocolate during lockdown but have upped the exercise which has mitigated it somewhat.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in