Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian/vegan meal ideas

(8 Posts)
Shinysun Tue 27-Aug-19 11:49:19

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can give me some vegetarian inspiration for fasting days? Struggling to stay on track at the minute! smile

OP’s posts: |
Ididit2019 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:38:24

Hi

Try the veggie and vegan book by Kate Harrison for ideas, I used it quite a bit whilst doing the fast 800 even though it was a 5 2 book. Do you eat quorn or egg?

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 29-Aug-19 07:33:26

I make a really nice mushroom chilli

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegetarian/mushroom-chilli-with-lime-soured-cream/amp/

ThankYouDebbie Wed 25-Sep-19 22:16:54

I've been doing a veggie 5:2 / 6:1 for a couple of years now but I'm very boringly repetitive about what I eat and I won't/can't cook because I do it on working days. I tend to rotate: the egg and spinach pots in the supermarket / a Nakd or Bounce or similar bar but only the nice flavours / the lowest cal porridge pot / a bowl of (usually) lentil soup for dinner. Um, that's pretty much it grin

MrsJacksonAvery Thu 26-Sep-19 23:16:22

Whole pack of vegan Quorn chicken slices is 100cals. V.easy for a lazy tea!

PusheenLovesPizza Thu 26-Sep-19 23:28:52

Pumpkin, celeriac and king oyster mushroom soup. Equal quantities of all three veggies cooked in water/veggie stock til soft then whizzed up together. Swirl of olive oil (chilli one if you like) and squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Bit of ginger grated, then juice squeezed into soup is also good. If you want a bit of extra thickness or sweetness add a bit of potato or sweet potato ( just about 1/2 quantity of other veggies).

TheGhostOfBarryFairbrother Sat 28-Sep-19 17:57:20

Ratatouille, veggie Thai curry, veggie stir fry...

bridgetreilly Sun 29-Sep-19 16:39:24

Breakfast/brunch/lunch
Natural yoghurt with a few frozen blueberries and chopped nuts
Small bit of cheese, cherry tomatoes, couple of walnuts
Dollop of hummus, veg sticks

Dinners
Lentil and veg soup
Cauliflower cheese (use the recipe in the BSD recipe book: SO GOOD)
Omelette and roast veg salad

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in