Talk

Advanced search

Green beans any ideas what to make?

(10 Posts)
Feelingfortyisntfun Tue 20-Aug-19 11:07:23

I have loads of them... am completely uninspired wondering what low carbish meal/ limited kcal calories that I can do with them. I don;t like roast dinners so anything with gravy is a no no. Can a rattle your brains?

OP’s posts: |
MyCatsHat Tue 20-Aug-19 11:11:25

Tuna nicoise salad - tuna, boiled egg, steamed green beans, new potatoes and salad leaves. If you don't like tuna just leave it out or use goats' cheese etc.

Lovely in stir fries

Or just steam them, cool and have as a snack when you feel you need to raid the fridge. I love them.

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Tue 20-Aug-19 11:16:47

i do Mustardy Beans as a side, cook beans till almost done and drain, melt a large knob of butter in the hot pan, add a great dod of wholegrain mustard and enough double cream (creme fraiche also works) to cover the bottom of the pan, bring right up to the boil to melt the butter into the cream and hurl the beans back in
Pan lid on, heat off, and let the beans sit in the sauce...give them a shake to coat.

not sure that comes in under your low cal requirement mind you.

MoMandaS Tue 20-Aug-19 11:19:07

Steam or boil them and toss them in a dressing made of finely chopped and softened shallot, finely diced tomato, white wine vinegar and seasoning. Serve with fish or meat.

Feelingfortyisntfun Tue 20-Aug-19 11:53:20

amazing thank you!!!!! right i'm going to try all three. tonight will be fish with green beans, tomorrow lunch tuna nicoise and tom eve mustard beans but i might try something other than cream....

i have a lot of beans!

Raera Tue 20-Aug-19 12:00:40

Oriental style salad. Really tasty
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2162/green-beans-and-mushrooms-with-tangy-soy-dressing

onsen Tue 20-Aug-19 12:01:40

stewed with onions, garlic, tomatoes, moroccan spices. Make like tomato sauce and then cook the beans in it for 40+ minutes. Eat warm or cold.

Rainbowseeker Tue 20-Aug-19 12:14:56

Jamie Oliver 5 ingredient 'sorta salmon nicoise' js a fave in our house! You make a sort of sauce from yoghurt for the green beans. Delicious!
https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salmon-recipes/sorta-salmon-nicoise/

floppybit Tue 20-Aug-19 17:42:49

I always use lots of green beans in a Thai green curry, delicious!

Feelingfortyisntfun Wed 21-Aug-19 23:02:22

Thank you! I made salmon nicoise for lunch was lovely today. Potentially curry tomorrow. Thank you all- I think I’ll have done every recipe 😀sweet of you all to post who knew you could do so much with green beans.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in