Talk

Advanced search

FD dinners for 2?

(3 Posts)
RayRae19 Wed 11-Jul-18 23:28:16

Need ideas for FD dinners that can be converted into a "normal" dinner with extra ingredients so I don't have to cook one meal for me and one for OH!
I'm trying to start 5:2 again after having a baby a year ago. Previously when I've done it I've had great success but either OH was fasting with or I just had a lot more time and energy to make us both dinner.

I seem to have no energy or willpower this time, so advice on how to make things as simple as possible would be great smile

Surfingwhippet Fri 13-Jul-18 16:14:43

A lot of our meals are 500cal without the carb element.
So I'll have the chilli for example with a pile of salad and everyone else will have rice with it.
I cook for 5 so have more calories to play with but you could cook for 4 and freeze half?

RayRae19 Mon 16-Jul-18 08:08:00

Thanks, I guess replacing the carbs with salad to fill me up is a good idea. I need to work out the calories is some of our usual meals to figure out portion sizes, needs to only be 250cal really to allow me some the rest of the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: