Talk

Advanced search

Advice/success

(4 Posts)
Kee80 Thu 12-Apr-18 13:29:16

Hi all. I know there's quite a few threads regarding 5:2 diet, just to many comments for me to read through. Sorry!
I'm wanting to lose a stone and was wondering what weight loss people have had from it and how long it took. Also any tips what to eat on fasting days.
Thanks smile

Kee80 Thu 12-Apr-18 20:39:51

Anyone?

FarTooFat Sat 14-Apr-18 17:40:14

I think it's mainly the numbered threads that people follow, but I get what you mean about all the comments.It's hard to keep up.

I've not been doing it very long, but I'm only managing 1/2 a pound loss a week (menopause isn't helping), but the average is about a pound a week.

I'm allowing myself 650 calories (I'm 18+ stone) and have to split it over three meals (otherwise I get awful heartburn). If you can fast until lunchtime, then that makes it a bit easier. I eat salads for lunch (prawn, or tun, or a small amount of cooked chicken) with lots of fresh veg (lettuce or red cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, radish, peppers etc) and dress it with balsamic vinegar. For dinner, I try to have what the family is having but remove the carbs, and reduce the fat and protein. Most times it works out ok, but if not, then I will cook myself something like:

- fish with parsley sauce and green veg
- Moroccan potato bake
- Jamie's sesame tuna
- Weight Watcher's turkey burgers

FarTooFat Sat 14-Apr-18 17:40:37

*hard to keep up

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: