Talk

Advanced search

Fasting day = Pancake day...?

(8 Posts)
Couchto5ktowine Fri 09-Feb-18 19:55:48

Meal planning for next week and realised that Shrove Tuesday will have to be a fasting day. Anyone got any filling but compliant recipes to share or will I have to accept I can’t have pancakes?!

schmagetti Fri 09-Feb-18 20:03:34

You can make pancakes out of 2 eggs and a banana - mash the banana and whisk with eggs - fry on a hot pan using light 1 spray oil and don't turn too early, the batter takes a while to set otherwise it's just scrambled egg.

amazon or bulkpowders.com you can get zero cal syrup

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 09-Feb-18 20:04:59

You can do this without the egg yolks too.

No diet is worth missing pancake day, surely..

Couchto5ktowine Fri 09-Feb-18 20:24:44

Thank you! I should probably have answered the valuable info that I loath bananas... but maybe mashed up might be better?!

brie frankly I couldn’t agree more!!!

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 09-Feb-18 20:28:15

Oh god that won’t work then!!

www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/low-fat-pancake-recipe-for-pancake-day

No idea if these would be nice but.. worth a try?

Or just have nothing but water and carrots/celery all day then have normal lemon and sugar pancakes with one teaspoon of sugar per pancake..

Couchto5ktowine Sat 10-Feb-18 17:52:28

Thanks Brie in edging to the “just eat nothing until pancakes” option!!

brownelephant Sat 10-Feb-18 17:55:15

just switch fasting days?

Canany1help Sat 17-Feb-18 17:41:21

I know this is too late...but if making pancakes are you using the most basic batter recipe as in 1 cup of plain flour/1 cup of water and 2/3 eggs...little touch of salt. Light coating of oil if necessary in the pan. Then add whatever toppings. I don't use milk in my batter due to milk allergy sufferer within the family and water has no calories ☺️. You could add some natural flavourings to batter mix. But all in all they aren't high in calorie count and quick to make. Plus this recipe makes quite a few.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now