Talk

Advanced search

Must not eat...must not eat...must not eat...

(9 Posts)
NQismyhome Sat 03-Feb-18 16:08:33

After weeks (months!!) of putting off restarting 5:2, today has inadvertently become my first fast day.
I’ve so far had two coffees and half a satsuma. Didn’t start feeling hungry until about an hour ago but now all I can think about is food. I’ve put dinner in the oven already, in the hope that if I eat soon I’ll be able to go to bed early (5pm?!?!) so I can wake up and eat breakfast!!
Why do I find this so hard?

athingthateveryoneneeds Sat 03-Feb-18 16:13:13

Some days are easier than others.

NQismyhome Sat 03-Feb-18 16:20:15

I have rarely found FDs easy.
When I did 5:2 before, I had a big holiday coming up and that was my biggest motivation. That was 3 years ago and I’ve only managed about 2 successful FDs since blush
I don’t really have much drive now but really need to force myself into some kind of new routine.

TalkinPeace Sun 04-Feb-18 17:05:07

drink more water
a lot more water
keep hydrated
keep busy
plan your meal that will break the fast - make it highly flavoured

NQismyhome Sun 04-Feb-18 23:27:38

Thanks smile
I need to get a grip otherwise I’m never going to succeed.

TERFette Wed 14-Feb-18 17:13:01

Coffee really works...

SequinsOfEvents Sat 17-Feb-18 17:57:36

Ooooo - this is me NQismyhome.......I am really struggling to start 5:2-ing again.

Starts tomorrow......interested if you've managed a few more since your posts above?

Nomorechickens Mon 19-Feb-18 13:29:37

I'm on week 3 (with DH).
Week 1 - surprisingly manageable. Felt quite smug. Snacked less the rest of the week.
Week 2 - felt much hungrier on fast days. Felt hungry after a large breakfast the day after a fast day.
Week 3 (day 1 today) - had breakfast. After 4 hours felt so hungry I thought my stomach was going to collapse. Had a satsuma and a cracker.

Can't give up though as this is my only strategy for long term weight loss. I wouldn't even bother trying to eat less all the time as it's not going to happen. Also DH is developing a fat belly and it's most unappealing.

SequinsOfEvents Wed 21-Feb-18 14:17:38

Well, you're getting there then smile

I'm starting with a cutting down strategy as this week is a busy one and I just haven't got a couple of (relatively free) days to implement a couple of FDs.

So, next week it is and some cutting back and calorie counting this week to give me a little push in the right direction. WAY too many sweet treats for me for the last few months (?!) so cutting back to begin with and then back on the 5:2 horse next week!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now