Talk

Advanced search

5:2 - keep losing it in the evenings!

(7 Posts)
HoursOfFun Fri 17-Nov-17 21:25:57

Any advice gratefully received -

I don't have a lot of weight to lose - about half a stone.

On second week of 5:2 and 3rd fast day.

I really like the fast days - I feel full of energy in the day time and don't find it difficult - until the evening!

Like this evening - I have gone and ruined it!
Had done so well - had 500 calories all day total.

Then I just lost all will power and ate:
3 oatcakes with feta cheese
A banana
A piece of sourdough bread with honey

Grrrr - so annoyed with myself - after getting through the whole day!!

I do have my period tho so maybe that has contributed.

I don't see the point tho if I can't have any will power in the evenings - any advice?!!

hevonbu Sun 19-Nov-17 05:22:47

I read in the blood sugar diet book that you can do the 5:2 on 800 calories also. Another option is to do 5:2 with 500 calories for three weeks, then the fourth week you either don't do it, do it on 2000 calories, or do it on 1000 calories whatever works best. Maybe you could add the 300 calories (500 + 300) in the evening when you have your period and see if it helps? Just an idea, haven't tested it.

hevonbu Sun 19-Nov-17 05:24:33

Another observation is that of all those things you ate, they seem to be rather sugary? The banana and the honey for example? Why not a boiled egg or a couple of nuts?

JT05 Mon 27-Nov-17 08:44:51

Drink water, or green tea, it takes away cravings. Find something to occupy you, knitting, crochet or sewing. It doesn’t matter that you don’t make a garment, squares or a scarf will do! 😁

ColonelJackONeil Mon 27-Nov-17 08:52:36

This happens to me too. My tips are to skip breakfast and have your food as late in the day as possible. Have plenty to drink and try hot drinks to stave off hunger pangs. Do not look at or smell food if you are even slightly hungry. Stay out of the kitchen and keep busy or go to bed.
Remind yourself its only till morning then you can eat normally again.

Pixilicious Thu 30-Nov-17 20:00:11

Following for tips

pandarific Sun 03-Dec-17 21:14:13

This happens to me when I'm tired. Try to get extra sleep?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now