Talk

Advanced search

What to eat on non fasting days

(6 Posts)
tumpymummy Wed 14-Jun-17 00:29:50

Hi! I have just started the 5:2 diet to shift my middle age tummy. Today I survived my first fast day. But what do I eat tomorrow, a NFD? The book says eat normally. But does that mean I can eat cakes and biscuits? Surely I won't loose weight if I do that!?

Jamboree05 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:49:22

Stick to under 2000 calories and, if possible, try and cut down on the carbs and processed sugars- cakes etc. will not help you on any diet. I quit processed sugar a while ago (though massively fell off the wagon on my holiday!!!) It's bloody hard for the first week as I was horribly addicted but I felt so much better for it after- energy levels much more consistent, less tired, less headaches, etcetc. Starting my 5:2 no sugar again tomorrow and know it's gonna be hard again but worth it when I get into the swing of it!!

littlekellysmum Tue 19-Dec-17 20:13:23

Stick to 1500 calories diet. Eat home cooked food and don't eat junk and dont drink Milk. By quitting milk you can lose about 1 kg per month.

Ta1kinPeace Sun 24-Dec-17 16:24:25

Hi Tumpy
You need to eat "normally" as if you were already the slim person you want to be.

Work out your TDEE (use sedentary)
then a rough weekly food plan is ......
Monday = 500 calorie fast day
Tuesday = TDEE less 10%
Wednesday = TDEE less 10%
Thursday = 500 calorie fast day
Friday = TDEE
Saturday = relax and enjoy
Sunday = TDEE

That pattern will give you the 3000 calorie deficit a week that will let you head towards your "happy weight"

NazaninN Thu 04-Jan-18 22:18:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Khamiak Sun 07-Jan-18 13:05:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: