Talk

Advanced search

How did you manage/cope?

(4 Posts)
Night0wl Fri 06-Jan-17 23:20:40

I'm seriously considering doing Dr Mosley's 5:2 Fast Diet. I seriously need to lose a couple of stone. I'm around 11st and 5' 6".

Anyone any advice?

What kind of things did you eat to keep up your energy levels?

Thanks!

hornetgirl Mon 09-Jan-17 22:27:57

I think everyone is different. I'm back on fast day 1 after a 6 month break. Kept it up successfully for 18 months.
I fast Mondays and Tuesdays.
I have a mug of tea for breakfast. No lunch. Dinner of 300 to 400 cals. 1 or 2 more cups of tea across the day.

Dinners: tuna and salad. Roasted veg and cous cous. Vegetable soup. Spanish omelette.

Fleab1te Wed 11-Jan-17 18:47:51

I lost 2 stone in a year but put it all and some more back on again. I suddenly was unable to fast and it went down hill from there. I used to eat nothing until tea time and then have something low ish carb. Early days I used to have an apple at around 4 and sometimes a vegetable broth drink at lunch time, but found I didn't need this after a few weeks.

Drink plenty of water. Lots of folk drink black coffee and find that helps with energy. Personally I didn't have a problem with energy levels once the first few weeks were out of the way.

Anyway I'm giving alternate day fasting a go along with 30 day shred and this is my 2nd fast day. Struggling a bit but we'll see how it goes. It does work but it's the keeping it off that's a bugger.

Night0wl Thu 12-Jan-17 17:44:03

Thank you both....I haven't actually managed to get started yet! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now