Talk

Advanced search

What do you eat on non-fasting days?

(9 Posts)

This might be a daft question, but I'm just starting out! On non-fasting days, do you just eat your normal food or do you follow a healthier diet then too?

Thank you!

Emmalp68 Sat 07-Jan-17 00:00:37

Following as I'm interested to know too,I've just purchased a 5:2 diet book which gives a wealth of info on fasting days but nothing about regular days

toffee1000 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:12:39

In the past I've had two approaches. The first time, I ate fairly normally on non-fast days, not OTT but no restrictions really. I still lost weight. The second time, I went low-carb. Don't know how helpful this is, and other posters may say different.

Chimichangaz Mon 09-Jan-17 22:14:41

Toffee did you notice a difference when you went low carb?

toffee1000 Mon 09-Jan-17 23:05:57

I'm not entirely sure. I think the weight loss per week was maybe bigger with the low-carb but not by a huge amount. I lost a stone in about six-ish weeks doing that. It depends on how much you want to lose I suppose, and whether you want to achieve it by a certain time or not.

Iamblossom Mon 16-Jan-17 16:20:57

I eat a certain amount of calories on nfds, in my case 1650, which is apparently the optimum amount I should eat according to the TDEE calculator on the 5:2 websites and I track it using MFP.

I don't eat back my exercise cals.

Typically this is no breakfast, chicken noodle soup with crackers, yog berries and seeds for lunch, meat and veg for tea. Allows for treats if I want them and if I don't I come in under.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Mon 16-Jan-17 16:23:59

Like normal, just less of it. I'll dish out what I would normally have then put one spoon of everything back.

bailey1234whops Wed 01-Feb-17 15:57:27

Hi on the 5:2 diet are the fast days meant to be together (for example Tuesday and wed) or can they be split up?

NewYearNewLife53 Thu 02-Feb-17 07:07:53

I may be wrong but I thought 5:2 worked on a) overall total weekly cals b) 'shocking' the body out of complacency re availability of food.

If a), then it shoudn't matter as your weekly total will be the same whenever you fast.

If b), then perhaps it's better to not do consecutive back-to-back fasting.

Perhaps someone else knows...

For the past two weeks, I've fasted Mon and Tues. I've lost half a stone though of course that might just be water. Still, I definitely look less bloated and can see a waist again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now