Talk

Advanced search

Cup of tea?

(8 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Fri 16-Dec-16 14:16:17

Hullo all

I started 5:2 last week and am absolutely loving it. I'm also a diet veteran with a lot to lose so am aware that there is always a honeymoon period!

I have taken the route of giving breakfast a miss so that I can maximise the effect of fasting and also so that I can have a normal-ish supper with my DH in the evening.

Today is a fast day. I am quite hungry (obviously), but it's nothing I can't cope with. I would really love to have just one cup of tea with a splash of milk, though. It's not about hunger, it's more about just really fancying a proper cup of tea. I have had a black coffee today but don't really want to have too much of it as it makes me headachey if I have too much; I have also had herbal tea but that just doesn't hit the same spot.

Does anyone naughtily have the odd tea with milk on a fast day and if so did it make a difference to your weight loss, would you say?

DubiousCredentials Fri 16-Dec-16 14:34:07

I would have one and just log the calories from the milk.

TalkinPeace Sat 17-Dec-16 20:22:44

If I did not mainline tea with semi skim milk on my fasting days I'd have not stuck with 5:2 all these years
but I do then limit my meal to 400 calories to allow for the 100 I have in milk during the day

AnUtterIdiot Sun 18-Dec-16 11:59:52

Thanks! I didn't in the end. I might do next fast day, though.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 04-Jan-17 06:32:00

I measure milk into a jug (1 cup skimmed) and use that to have as much tea as I want until I run out. And count the calories.

Without tea, I'm nothing. grin

lifesuckssometimes Wed 04-Jan-17 06:55:43

I have been following 5:2 for almost three years. Always have tea with semi skimmed first thing, then 2-3 more during the day. I allow for the calories, which are not many anyway (I think about 8). All calories are approximate anyway. Don't make it so difficult, it's a way of life, not a diet. The weight loss is a side effect, not the reason for the way of life. Good luck.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 04-Jan-17 07:13:13

I would have the tea but measure the milk. 100ml (100g) of semi skimmed is 49 cals and I get 3 cups of tea/coffee from that. I weigh it every time because it's so easy to have a generous splash double! I do BSD (800 cals a day) buying suppose it is a generous percentage of a 500 cal fast day. Worth it though!

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 04-Jan-17 07:14:23

* but I suppose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now