Talk

Advanced search

Grab & go 5:2 'meals' ?

(7 Posts)
Sleepymumma13 Mon 10-Oct-16 09:58:42

Hi all

I've been reading with interest and am on my first FD today. Husband wants to do it with me so it's easier at dinner time. Does anyone have any tips on something he can grab to eat today in his lunch break at work? Something ready to eat in Tesco ideally? He's a big bloke and usually eats well but massive portions.

Any tips appreciated, I told him to do his FD another day when he can prepare or take stuff in but he wants to do it today because I am (bless him!)

Thanks in advance x

Joysmum Mon 10-Oct-16 10:09:58

When I've done 5:2 I've just used nutritionally complete meal packs. It makes it easy!

Sleepymumma13 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:16:11

Hi joysmum thanks for replying - do you just mean ready made salads etc?

Joysmum Mon 10-Oct-16 10:54:37

No no, I mean properly scienfically developed pack such as Exante, Cambridge, lipotrim etc

Nobthinking required and I know I'm getting all the nutrients I need which is very difficult to do otherwise on so little calories.

Sleepymumma13 Mon 10-Oct-16 15:31:42

Ohhh, sorry, duh. Right OK that makes sense. That might be good for hubby. I haven't eaten yet today. Not hungry in the slightest. Had lots of tea, green tea, a black coffee, water etc. x

Joysmum Mon 10-Oct-16 18:34:26

It might work for you both, it might not. Just offering up an alternative that I haven't seen expressed on these threads yet wink

susurration Mon 17-Oct-16 21:49:57

On nights when we need a quick meal but are fasting we've taken to having weight watchers or Asda good and counted ready meals. Normally about 300kcal per meal and makes it super easy. Although not cheap and not necessarily the most nutritionally balanced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now