Talk

Advanced search

Starting tomorrow - come and encourage me!

(9 Posts)
AKAmyself Sun 11-Sep-16 19:54:50

I think I'm ready to take the plunge... I'm as fat as i've ever been (160cm tall and 72.6 kgs at the last check... sorry can't do stones and pounds!). I've lost weight before on low GI but I'm not ready for the extreme discipline it requires.

So I've decided I'll start tomorrow, and see how I go. I'm really scared though that I won't be able to last until dinner, I have long days at work and don't get home until 7pm... Do people sometime have a snack or light lunch in between breakfast and dinner or is that a big no no?

I can do it, right? <begs encouragement>

geewaf Sun 11-Sep-16 22:57:55

It's tricky but I find the discipline of it quite easy so no worrying about what to have for snacks on a fast day as there are none grin. Simple
I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks and on fast days have had a bath and early night to distract myself from feeling hungry.
Good luck

geewaf Sun 11-Sep-16 23:00:29

Also I skip breakfast and have lunch and dinner. I find it easier especially at work as would be hard to have no lunch.

JT05 Tue 13-Sep-16 21:45:33

Hi, I've found it successful, have lost weight and kept it off. It is important to have 12 hours fast through the night. If you get home at 7pm you should try to eat before 8pm. Or you could eat the majority of calories at lunch time. Good luck!

CQ Wed 12-Oct-16 08:06:27

Hi OP I'm also starting today. Came on here to find inspiration and meal ideas.

Sleepymumma13 Wed 12-Oct-16 12:32:43

Hi there

Good luck - I only started on Mon and found the first FD much easier than I thought. I didn't eat anything til 6pm, when I had dinner for around 500 cals. I didn't feel hungry at all, more missed the habit of eating... I drank lots of water, tea, berry tea and coffee.

I'm doing another tomorrow or Fri and am really looking forward to it, I felt so energised. Have struggled yesterday and today with NFD's more!

scampbeast Sun 16-Oct-16 19:59:12

When I started I did my diet days at work, 12 1/2 hour shifts so I only ate what I havd with me the went to bed as soon as I got home. After I had been doing it for a while I felt confident enough to do it on days at home. I kept telling myself I could have that nice thing tomorrow.
I went from a size 24/26 to a size 18 in 8 months - I didn't want to lose it too quick as I wanted to be sure I could keep it off. I have put a little back on at the moment as I have been off work sick for a couple of months, and fell off the one diet day a week wagon. Just started back on last week now that I am up and about a bit more.
I did 5:2 an unusual way, I split my calories into 3 small meals when I was at work. Butternut squash is great for making a filling thick soup under 100 calories (even with onion and herbs added).

AnUtterIdiot Sun 18-Dec-16 12:03:27

Hi! I started about a week ago and have lost about 8lb so very pleased (was 21 stone 5lb when I started, now 20 stone 11lb). I don't expect to keep going at that rate, obviously. I find it very manageable. The way I do it is to fast all the way through from the night before to 7pm the next day and then have a 500 calorie meal with my DH. I drink lots of herbal tea and water to keep me going during the day.

AnUtterIdiot Sun 18-Dec-16 12:06:50

PS the big thing for me is that I hadn't realised how afraid of being hungry I was. I thought I would be starving the day after a fast but actually I want much less than I used to. I think that my "never full" feeling was actually because I was always overeating and therefore never hungry, if that makes any sense. I particularly don't like sugary things after a fast whereas previously I really struggled to stop eating them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now