Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else doing/has done the 16:8 diet and want to chat?

(5 Posts)
onlywhenyouleave Tue 21-Jun-16 12:11:56

Me and DH started this about 2 months ago as we were (still are) significantly overweight and apparently unable to control our eating. We reached crisis point and decided we no longer needed to eat breakfast - upon research, our eating pattern now seems to fit in the 16:8 diet so that is what I have decided we are doing (albeit inadvertently grin)

Anyway, we have both lost weight on it (we don't own scales so no idea how much but quite a lot) but when I google it, it implies that you wouldn't lose weight on it (lots of articles/discussion comparing it to Ramadan where muslims generally do not lose weight during the month of Ramadan).

Just wondered if anyone else has used it to lose weight? Share stories etc.

onlywhenyouleave Tue 21-Jun-16 20:43:09

Bump - anyone?

Breadandwine Wed 22-Jun-16 01:36:20

Hi only

Congrats to you and your DH for losing weight!

As a general rule, we only lose weight when there is a significant reduction in calories - consume 3000cals less than your TDEE, and you should lose 1lb a week.

I try and do 16:8 4-5 times a week, but I'm maintaining now, after losing 24lbs on 5:2. So I eat more cals in that 8hr window than I would if I was trying to lose weight. But if you're cutting out breakfast and not eating back those missing cals, it must be working for you.

Many 5:2ers combine the 5:2 with 16:8 - why not come across and join us on the main thread? You'll be sure of a warm welcome.

onlywhenyouleave Wed 22-Jun-16 09:09:57

Thank you for your response. I have had a look at the main thread but it seems more 5:2 rather than 16:8 so wasn't sure if I would be welcome smile

Will pop over at some point and say hi.

MamaTeeTee Wed 03-Aug-16 07:39:36

Ive just started 16:8 (yesterday)
I'm a bit confused about exercise though. Ive always exercised first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then eaten breakfast straight after. Yesterday I did a spin class at 6 am and then didn't eat until 11.30am. I had 2 boiled eggs at 11.30, chicken and stirfried veg at 1pm, courgetti bolognaise at 5pm, 2 chicken heck sausages and a bowl of natural yogurt at 7pm.
This morning ive run 6 miles and now crawling the walls waiting for 11am to come so I can eat 😭

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now