Talk

Advanced search

Ok, so what am I doing wrong?

(5 Posts)
theluckiest Mon 18-Apr-16 08:03:11

Been doing 5:2 for 4 weeks now and generally enjoying it (having tried & hating it a year ago).

Was 13st 7 at start. Lost 5lbs over 1st 3 weeks- really pleased. On scales this morning, back up to 13st 5!!!! It's not af - just finished. Am at a loss (or not!!) Portions not massive, no big blow-outs so whhhhyyy??

Finding fast days easy to stick to and generally keep to TDEE of around 1500cals on nfd. Is this wrong?! What's happened?

Prob don't drink enough so planning lots of water and I need to up my exercise as find it hard to fit in (I will just need to find the time).

What advice wise ones? I'm trying not to get downhearted but it's rather soul destroying!! Particularly when I don't know why...

Iamblossom Mon 18-Apr-16 11:26:07

Give it more time. Weight loss is not linear. You will bounce up and down all the time for loads of different reasons. As long as the trend is downwards you are winning!

Did you also take your measurements?

BigChocFrenzy Tue 19-Apr-16 18:52:46

Don't worry, sounds like a temporary blip.
Weight can easily vary a few lb due to water retention, undigested food, hormonal swings.
Also, if totm has just finished you might still have extra retained water from that, which should go after the next FD.

Keep calm and carry on smile
For friendly support & advice, join us on Main 5:2 / IF Thread # 62
We help each other through blips and we rejoice at everyone's SVs & NSVs

theluckiest Wed 20-Apr-16 08:18:29

Thanks both. Feeling more positive today. Determined to make changes and hopefully it should pay off!!

Feeling like FDs are now becoming a habit and finding I actually look forward to them!! smile

Onwards and upwards (or downwards hopefully)

Chocolateteabag Wed 20-Apr-16 11:46:14

Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day?

I find I can go 1-2KG's (so 2-4lbs) up from first thing in the morning to the end of the day. Therefore I always do the scales first thing.

I also found that it took a good 4-6 weeks before I started to get the weight coming off routinely (went from 76KG to 68KG last Jan to Jun and now trying to maintain at 67kg) and there were weeks where nothing happened on the scales

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now