Low calorie lunch inspiration

(11 Posts)
Theonlyweighisdown Sat 16-Jan-16 18:51:29

Just under 2 weeks into 5:2 and enjoying it. Currently eating soup for lunch on both FD and NFD (higher calorie ones with extra things on NFD) but can see it will get boring eventally. My go to lunches before were sandwiches but too carby - thinking salads but again will get boring eventually too.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated

Theonlyweighisdown Sat 16-Jan-16 20:48:28

Bump

PinkPjamas Sun 17-Jan-16 14:44:19

zero noodles with some low calorie sauce and vegetables?

Theonlyweighisdown Sun 17-Jan-16 23:42:12

Thanks pink

Blondie1984 Sun 17-Jan-16 23:45:32

Courgetti or cauliflower couscous with a tomato sauce and some prawns or tofu works well for me

shortaris1 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:35:14

Miso soup is only 26kcal a sachet. Then I add ginger paste, spring onions and chilli flakes to make it more exciting! Holland and Barrett do big jars so you can just take a teaspoon worth in a tub to work and then add water and your extra bits.

Theonlyweighisdown Mon 18-Jan-16 23:14:53

What does miso soup taste like?

shortaris1 Tue 19-Jan-16 07:58:47

It's a bit nothingy but not unpleasant. If you wanted to bulk it up then Quorn chicken or prawns would be good. I find a bit of ginger and chilli make it fine to have for lunch.

brissiebabe Wed 03-Feb-16 23:33:59

My favourite lunches so far on 5:2 are:

- 2 egg mushroom omelette with a pile of carrot and cucumber sticks (about 100g)

- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/2 tin tuna, grated carrot, sliced spinach leaves and cucumber, tossed with lemon juice, salt and pepper.

- Lentil and squash curry

I found early on that if I didn't base my meals on protein I felt weak, shaky and queasy. Now I try not to 'waste' my calories on starchy carbs that don't keep me going for long enough.

For dinner I always have either a piece of white fish with a big pile of broccoli (and maybe a very small baked potato if I need it), or lentil and squash curry.

brissiebabe Thu 04-Feb-16 22:06:21

* Those are fast days meals! I would add more carbs on a NFD: toast with eggs, mashed avocado, houmous or smoked fish pate and salad or fruit; or rice, cous cous or pasta mixed with veg and a meat or fish.

yumyumpoppycat Thu 04-Feb-16 23:39:20

pret a manger is my go to when out and about, sometimes the soups are under 200, they have protein pots and salad too and some are round the 200 mark (mainly the crayfish one).

What about herby Eggy wraps, a thin 1 egg omelet with some herbs added and you can put a filling inside then wrap it up.

you can also just have leftovers from the night before too, cold meats yum, conversely you could have breakfasty things too like nat yog with berries seeds and nuts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now