Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop turning into a zombie at 3pm on a fast day?

(4 Posts)
hollolew2 Tue 24-Nov-15 07:48:05

I've just returned to 5:2 after falling off the wagon. I'm now on non fast days eating to my goal TDEE ( that's been difficult but I've got there) . I just tried my first fast day yesterday I had a 250 calorie omlette at 9.30 and went to work . I didn't feel hungry as such but I just couldn't concentrate had a major dip in energy so I ended up getting myself a sandwich which after I felt fine. I have decided to fast today but I think I'll eat lunch and dinner as not too fussed about breakfast any advice ?

annielostit Tue 24-Nov-15 08:52:24

Lots of water, coffee & tea on FD helps. If you don't eat breakfast its OK, only eat when hungry. By the time you get to lunch you've had approx 16hour fast. Have good protein lots of salad leaves and a nice dinner to look forward to.

BigChocFrenzy Wed 25-Nov-15 19:35:37

Well done on getting NFDs under control. That's good training for maintenance too.

Whatever works for you on FDs.
Yes, drink lots of water.
Avoid sugar and go low GI, i.e. base you meals on protein and masses of veg. Some people find it best to leave fruit for NFDs.

Many folk just have black coffee for breakfast, to save cals for lunch & supper.
Some even prefer to skip lunch, because you get a very decent supper for 500 cals

If FDs are tough, you can ease your way in, aiming first for say 700-800 cals then the next week sub 700 etc.
Alternatively, if you have mini-FDs (below 1000 cals) on Mon+Wed+Fri that gives about the same weight loss as 2 FDs for most folk.

talkinnpeace Thu 26-Nov-15 15:32:15

caffeine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now