Talk

Advanced search

5:2 with dh who shouldn't calorie restrict

(6 Posts)
sophie150 Tue 21-Jul-15 23:44:24

Hi there,
I'm just Starting to think about 5:2 having seen some awful photos of myself today and think it could work for me.
I'm wondering though how you work fast days when you are the cook in the household and you have a dh who doesn't need to lose weight? He has a physical job and goes to the gym 4 times a week and I worry more about him under eating than overeating so don't want to be serving up 300kcal dinners!
Thanks

TerrorAustralis Wed 22-Jul-15 04:53:19

Make sure there is a high vegetable content and some lean protein. For the non-fasters they can have a bigger serving of the protein and some starch to bulk out the meal.

For example, if you had some grilled chicken breast or fish with salsa, serve it with a pile of steamed veg or a big salad. Your DH can have a bigger serve of the chicken/fish and some potato as well.

For a meat & veg stir-fry or curry, he has rice, you don't. Or you just have a tiny bit of rice if you've got the calories to spare.

BigChocFrenzy Wed 22-Jul-15 11:18:47

Just give him larger helpings of protein, plus carby / creamy / cheesy side dishes you don't share.
e.g. With roast, you just have a small portion of lean meat and lots of veg.
He has much more meat, plus lots of roast potatoes, Yorkshires, Cauli cheese, gravy.
He can have a steamed treacle sponge pud with custard or ice cream, while you skip pud and have an espresso or a small portion of unsweetened yog or fruit.

fancyanotherfez Wed 22-Jul-15 11:22:44

If you get the fast diet recipe book, there are some recipes in there that you can bulk up with carbs, so for example on Monday, I made Chicken Puttanesca which I had plain but my DH had with potatoes. Tomorrow I'm doing meatballs. I'm having it with cabbage but Ill do some pasta for him and the kids etc. They are not all like that but you can bulk it out. Ive just started too, so may be overly enthusiastic...

sophie150 Thu 23-Jul-15 07:57:59

Thanks all. Think the extra carbs might be the way to go.

Chocolateteabag Wed 29-Jul-15 18:14:07

My DH struggles to keep the weight on (he's a stress head) so on FD he gets oven chips and extra veg with our baked fish - he then has pudding while I plot to LTB smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now