Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 fast days in a row?

(7 Posts)
achieve15 Mon 20-Jul-15 15:10:52

I am wondering if anyone does this and how they find it

I don't want to try it and find that I am so hungry on day 3 that I'm overeating if you see what I mean? I am not ravenous the day after one fast day but doing okay so don't want to upset things.

the reason I might have to do this is social/work stuff, it might work out that coming up, there are a few weeks where doing 2 together will be better. How do people find this generally and what is the next day of "normal" eating like? Thanks.

BigChocFrenzy Mon 20-Jul-15 20:06:26

Hi, Achieve It's very individual, depending on your metabolism. lifestyle and psychology, whether you can cope with b2b (back-to-back) FDs, also how you feel the NFD after.
Most people who've tried find it very tough and feel weak on the 2nd afternoon. However, a few folk b2b every week.

A few suggestions:
. If you are a newbie, take at least a couple of weeks to get used to non-b2b fasting first, if possible.
. Eat your full 500 cals (600 if you're a bloke) Optionally, you can have 650 cals - Michelle Harvie's human study with b2b 650 FDs, which was sponsored by breast cancer charities, had good results for both weight loss and health markers. In fact, I recommend you start with 650 cals and see how you get on.
. For FDs, have lots of veg and lean protein, optionally a small amount of complex carbs, but no fruit juice, junk treats, added sugar, sugary cereals, alcohol etc.
. Some folk find it easier to leave fruit and even complex carbs for NFDs, so their FDs are low carb. This avoids raised insulin levels and cravings.
. Eat 1 or more meals, i.e. don't snack or graze. This gives your system a rest and allows insulin levels to come down in the long gaps between meals, to enable more fat-burning.

achieve15 Tue 21-Jul-15 00:04:22

thanks for that BigChocFrenzy
no thanks for that username grin

I will have done quite a few fast days by the time this happens - I think it will be August. I suppose if I feel terrible I will just have to go back to having a normal day?

I managed 500 okay but maybe if I do 2 days back to back I should try 650.
Thanks!

mrswhiskers Tue 21-Jul-15 17:18:41

I did b2b 650 calorie fast days for a few weeks and found it ok physically but mentally I struggled on the first day knowing that I'd have to fast yet another day before i could eat what i wanted.
I didn't find I ate any more than usual on the next NFD though.
I found it convenient getting the 2 fast days over with at the beginning of the week but I've since gone back to separate days and finding it a lot easier.

MelanieCheeks Thu 23-Jul-15 14:22:12

I've done it a few times. I always fast on a Monday. On Tuesday mornings if I feel "in the zone" I can push on through and have another fast day. I haven't found Wednesdays to be me eating everything that's not nailed down!

On the telly Which Diet programme, the form of 5:2 they came up with was 2 consecutive days - slightly higher than 500 cals, but focussed on low carb, to force the body into a sort of ketosis.

achieve15 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:44:53

thanks for all these replies
I guess I can just see how it goes smile

jingscrivvens Tue 28-Jul-15 13:00:22

I've been b2b mon and tues for the past 4 weeks now and I find it the best for me. The last time I did 5:2 I FD Mon and Thurs and I always found it really hard to get through Thurs, and felt really hangry. I've not had any of this with my b2b so hoping that I will be able to stick with this WOE now.

I have a fairly active job but don't do any exercise, so I don't know how I would cope with that. On my first NFD I find I hardly want breakfast, so have a cup of tea and maybe some toast later on in the morning. Think doing the 2 together is helping shrink my stomach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now